Friday, September 21, 2012

Nursing cover

Hey yall. Well I told yall about the nursing cover and I did get it finished  but I rushed so quickly to get it to my friend that I forgot to take pictures of the final product (which was a good thing because I dropped it off on Wednesday and she had the baby on Thursday morning). So you will have to just imagine the end lol.



My arsenal : Sewing machine, scissors, white and green thread, thrifted twin bed sheet, green satin ribbon.

First I measured a yard width and 18inches length and cut it out (I wasn't quiet sure how long she will be nursing so I gave her plenty of room)

I folded and pinned a 1/2inch seam allowance and started sewing up the seams. 

And as usual I can't sew with out messing up some where this time I missed the under part of the seam. The dots indicate where the stitches are (due to my camera and it being white thread).

So I ripped out the seam and sewed it again

And then I sewed on the ribbons on about 10 inches into the seam and they just tie. (Hopefully I'll get a pic of her using it and I will post it.) again sorry.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment